Launch performance test activity

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Wed Dec 20 22:57:02 EST 2006

Chris,

I haven't tested this extensively on my XO because the sugar on it is
somewhat old and I need it in working order tomorrow morning.  But I
have tested under sugar-jhbuild quite a bit.  Let me know about any
problems you may have.

Beyond Sugar 0.61, you need these two changesets to Sugar:
1c1fd3554119fa86359dfcd52f8fc0d2feb38a2c
ab3535e6fd3e29b25025845deceae6c7355996c5

http://bigw.org/~dan/LaunchTest-1.xo

1) unzip into /usr/share/activities
2) Run sugar once so it generates the dbus services files for the
activity
3) /usr/share/activities/launch-test.activity/launch_test_launcher.py
4) log output is dumped to /tmp/org.laptop.sugar.LaunchTest.log

[dcbw at localhost launch-test]$ cat /tmp/org.laptop.sugar.LaunchTest.log
LAUNCH START: 1166664701.651675
ACTIVITY START: 1166664702.030487
ACTIVITY WINDOW SHOW QUEUED: 1166664702.041703

Explanation of the checkpoints:

LAUNCH START - beginning of the launch process, before the activity
factory has been asked to request that DBus activate the activity

ACTIVITY START - first point at which the activity itself has control
(ie, it's __init__ has been invoked)

ACTIVITY WINDOW SHOW QUEUED - first point at which the activity
can/should ask GTK to show it's UI

Dan