[Trac #606] Cracking sound when rotating display into ebook mode

Owen Williams owen at ywwg.com
Wed Dec 20 11:43:50 EST 2006

I'm getting a similar sound when I rotate my laptop because the
clearence between the hinge plastic and the screen plastic is too small.
The plastic of the hinge catches on the screen and pulls it.  When the
screen is rotated further, the plastic snaps back into place and makes
the cracking sound.  This is already starting to result in some wear on
the hinge plastic.  I'm attaching an awful camera-phone picture to
illustrate where the hinge is catching on the screen.  Would this be
considered the same bug?

owen