System software concall minutes - 2006-12-19

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Wed Dec 20 11:00:30 EST 2006

On 20/12/06 12:40 +0100, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Mitch Bradley wrote:
> > Mitch:
> >  Code for device tree via /proc nearly ready
>
> Are you sure that you want to introduce new files in /proc which are
> not process-related? You will never get such a change merged upstream.
> What speaks against /sys for that purpose?
>
> >  PCI config spoofing for VSA elimination mostly working
>
> Great. Does this mean the efforts to port the VSA code to a current
> toolchain are obsolete?

On behalf of AMD, I would like to say that any such work would be
gratefully accepted for our other Geode customers, but as far as OLPC is
concerned, VSA is nearly obsolete.  Of course, now its all in Forth, which
is just as incomprehensible to me - so the net effect is about the same. :)

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse
Senior Linux Engineer