journal spec?

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpg at redhat.com
Sun Dec 17 06:13:46 EST 2006

MBurns wrote:
> On 12/17/06, *Joshua N Pritikin* <jpritikin at pobox.com
> <mailto:jpritikin at pobox.com>> wrote:
>
>     Can somebody give me a link to the mailing list archive where this
>     discussion took place?

The journal user experience has been discussed in several meetings, but
not on the mailing lists. There is a section about it on the journal
which I assume will be filled once the plan is finalized.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/OLPC_Human_Interface_Guidelines/The_Laptop_Experience/The_Journal

Current implementation is just a prototype which will allow us to start
working on the UI. The API looks like:

ds = datastore.get_instance()
obj1 = ds.get(<uid>)
obj1.set_data(<array of bytes, or a string>)
obj1.set_properties({'foo': 1, 'bar': 'bobloblawslawblog'})
print obj1.get_properties()
obj2 = ds.create(<array of bytes, or a string>, {'baz': 2134512})
obj2.connect('updated', object_updated_cb)

Ivan is working on the real implementation. I don't know if he has any
specification about it nor I'm aware of public discussion.

Marco