wpa encryption ETA?

Marcelo Tosatti marcelo at kvack.org
Thu Dec 14 17:18:41 EST 2006

On Wed, Dec 06, 2006 at 10:28:39AM -0500, Dan Williams wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-12-06 at 09:39 -0500, Owen Williams wrote:
> > Is WPA encryption planned for the olpc, and if so, what's the expected
> > time for support to be included?  Most of the networks I'm on are WPA,
> > and it's difficult to develop on the laptop without a network
> > connection.
>
> Possibly, given the time...  The driver "supports" it, but that support
> is completely untested with the switch to deferred association, and it's
> unclear if the driver works correctly with wpa_supplicant WRT rekey
> events not triggering infinite reauthentication loops.

Tried WPA-PSK: not working with the generic wpa_supplicant driver due to
SIOCSIWAUTH returning -EOPNOTSUPP for both IW_AUTH_PRIVACY_INVOKED (10)
and IW_AUTH_RX_UNENCRYPTED_EAPOL (8).

pprpplague mentions a marvell wpa_supplicant driver patch at
http://svn.gumstix.com/gumstix-buildroot/trunk/package/wpa_supplicant/patch_wpa_supplicant-0.4.7-MSI-2-GUM

Opened up a ticket with more details:
http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/584