Feedback on BTest-1 Unit

Ronald G Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Mon Dec 4 11:16:59 EST 2006

Chris Ball wrote:

> Has anyone worked on anything like this before?  Any pointers?

it was done in the 80s at Gould and other places. It ought to work fine.
There's always the joy of devices but this ought to be workable.

I would sure like it if you did it in a way that could be supported from
anything, not just OFW; i.e. a format that could be kexec'ed as well
from Linux or even a generic elf image. This would make the work very
widely useful, up to and including stuff like Xen. I understand the need
to get things done quickly on OLPC but perhaps a more general solution
would not take that much longer.

ron