[OLPC-devel] Re: wifi driver problems

Marcelo Tosatti mtosatti at redhat.com
Wed Aug 30 21:24:01 EDT 2006

On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 10:04:21AM -0300, Marcos Barbosa wrote:
> Thanks. You know why i report wifi network card driver bugs?

Ola Marcos,

Are you completly sure that the network driver does not detect your
card?

Issue is that, upon a failure in an attempt to load the firmware, the
driver will reset the wifi device, then reset the USB connection, and
retry (which is flawless from my experience, even though it reports
"usb8xxx: probe of 1-4:1.0 failed with error -12" once or twice).

Can you please confirm that, after the initial failed probe report,
"iwconfig" reports no presence of the wifi device?

Thanks.