[OLPC-devel] Secure BIOS on the OLPC

Ronald G Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Tue Aug 29 23:50:47 EDT 2006

Ivan Krstić wrote:
> Ronald G Minnich wrote:
>
>>in the case that you changed your mind, for whatever reason,  but the
>>reboot happened before you had a chance to unwind the decision to flash.
>

> In what circumstances do you foresee an OLPC user changing his mind
> about flashing the BIOS? This is the same question I asked Daniel. It's
> not rhetorical.

In unforeseen circumstances, which by definition, can not be foreseen :-)

I am somewhat tongue in cheek here, and I am trying to remember which
system I used long ago that did this 'take action on reboot', and why it
was an issue. But .... I can't.

Anyways, I think the decision on this one is probably out of my domain,
so I will not worry too much about it :-)

thanks

ron