[OLPC-devel] Re: [One Laptop Per Child] #58: Replace trac with something better

Ivan Krstić krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu
Tue Aug 29 13:52:54 EDT 2006

Dan Williams wrote:
> Do old accounts transfer over?  Resetting my password with 'dcbw' and my
> email says my account info doesn't match.

No, sorry, just grab a new account. Incompatible password backend, and
there were only a few active accounts.

> Do this new version have ticket dependency tracking?

Not real dependencies. See:

 http://lists.edgewall.com/archive/trac/2004-September/000767.html

We can target bugs to releases, which solves jg's dependency use case.
For actual dependencies, you can't make the system do the work for you
("close this bug when all these bugs are closed") but you can use the
#123 autolink feature to just say 'this bug depends on these other
bugs', and the other bugs become clickable.

Right now, people can append comments to tickets, but they can't edit
the actual ticket description of the original. Should I permit logged-in
people to do this? That would allow sticking in an extra line with
linkified dependencies into the ticket description.

Actually, I've just gone ahead and done it. If people abuse it, we'll
turn it off.

--
Ivan Krstić <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | GPG: 0x147C722D