[OLPC-devel] Re: Good engineering practice

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Sat Aug 26 09:48:57 EDT 2006

On 26/08/06 09:36 +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-08-26 at 00:36 -0700, Mitch Bradley wrote:
> > Somebody should record what they know about compiling with FC6 and
> > Ubuntu/edgy, and resolve it with recommendations about known good
> > toolchains.
>
> FC6 has a compatibility GCC-3.4 toolchain -- does that work?
>
> It isn't particularly hard to use buildrom with a non-default compiler.
> I've been having to do it to cross-compile for i386 anyway.

And we could have buildrom build its own compiler, if we really needed to,
though I would prefer not, because then it would lose much of its ease
and turn into a very weak and pale clone of buildroot or OpenEmbedded.

Are there any ideas what it is about 4.1.X that is freaking us out?

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse
Senior Linux Engineer