[OLPC-devel] More LB progress

Ivan Krstić krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu
Thu Aug 24 04:49:07 EDT 2006

**Note**: if you haven't been actively involved in the BIOS
conversations in the past few days and thus know what you're doing,
don't take this mail as a go-ahead to flash your boards! We'll be
releasing instructions aimed at the public shortly.

Things work fully, with a LB ROM image compiled from git. cjb and I
spent a few hours this evening testing, and couldn't get a compiled ROM
to work on his board; I'm now blaming this on a busted PLCC.

I have taken my known-good ROM and placed it into wmb's handy dd image
that contains lbflash. I've updated [[Upgrading to LinuxBIOS]] with a
pointer to the new file and new checksums.

Note that I have not tested *that* resulting file, though I know the
payload is good. Following a final test or two tomorrow by someone at
the office (other than me), we should be all set.

--
Ivan Krstić <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | GPG: 0x147C722D