[OLPC-devel] Build image 76.

Christopher Blizzard blizzard at redhat.com
Wed Aug 23 16:02:17 EDT 2006

Chris Ball wrote:
>    * is bootable from NAND with LinuxBIOS
>    * "amd" EZA X driver is now included, but not used by default.
>      To use, edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf, changing "fbdev" to "amd".

Yeah, but it's not well tuned for panels?  Your image below (electric
google!) looks different than mine, which was oddly stretched.

>    * sugar now works again

Yeah, first snapshots of the new interface!  You can just use
ctrl-alt-f1 to go to a console and log in as root.  No password required.

>    * vesafb isn't in the kernel (why not?), so qemu doesn't work.

Will follow up with Marcelo when he shows back up.  JUst looks like it
wasn't included in the config.

>    * no /dev/mtd0 when booted through Insyde, so can't write to NAND;
>      /dev/mtd0 *does* appear when booted through LinuxBIOS, though.

Don't know what's causing this, but it causes my spider sense to tingle.

>    * "amd" X driver has some problems.  A photo:
>      http://www.inference.phy.cam.ac.uk/cjb/olpc-amd.jpg

It's electric!  Boogie woogie woogie!

>    * warnings appear on boot:
>      * failed to open /dev/md0: no such device or address

Known upstream rawhide/fedora problem.

>      * warning: can't open /etc/mtab: no such file or directory

Don't know what's causing this.  That and the md0 problem seem harmless,
but we should track them down at some point.

--Chris