[OLPC-devel] Re: Teleconference information for software status meeting tonight. (note change in time).

Mitch Bradley wmb at firmworks.com
Wed Aug 23 14:00:10 EDT 2006

I apologize if the tone of that message came out wrong.  I meant it in
the vein of "it would be better if...".

I have a specific need already.  I would like to be able to boot Forth
diagnostics from a USB key. That's the underpinnings of my hardware
bringup strategy over the next few months.

I can already load them into boot FLASH as an alternative LinuxBIOS
payload.  That works for my personal use, but it's highly inconvenient
for anyone else to use them in that form.

I could do it easily from InsydeBIOS, by using syslinux or Grub or
various other conventional-BIOS bootloaders, but the current kbl-exec
loader is a different story.