[OLPC-devel] Re: Minutes from System Software telecon, 2006-08-22

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Wed Aug 23 09:22:09 EDT 2006

On 23/08/06 01:23 -0300, Marcelo Tosatti wrote:
> By default the progress bar moves until its end, when a blank screen
> welcomes the user for undetermined amount of time (being picky,
> nevermind :)). Is that supposed to happen?

We go blank while the new kernel kexecs.  It probably wouldn't hurt to leave
a gray screen up, since the video won't get reset until the kfb in the real
kernel starts.  ChrisB - your thoughts?

> With latest buildrom (cs553x_nand enabled) I'm able to enter the shell
> (X icon), cd to /bin/, execute ./boot-nand and watch it go!

Nice!  boot-nand should also work by default if you let the timeout happen.

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse
Senior Linux Engineer