[OLPC-devel] Minutes from System Software telecon, 2006-08-22

Marcelo Tosatti mtosatti at redhat.com
Wed Aug 23 00:23:40 EDT 2006

On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 07:58:21PM -0700, Mitch Bradley wrote:

<snip>

> NAND FLASH support is not a hard criterion.
> - Booting from internal NAND FLASH doesn't work because
>  the NAND and JFFS2 drivers are not in the payload kernel.
>
> Marcello will send the NAND Flash patch to Richard Smith.

My mistake, the NAND driver is in the upstream kernel for a long time.

Jordan committed the kernel config change to enable it...

> Richard can't commit to ultra-quick response because of job commitments.
> Richard will try to test it tonight.  The code that is in
> Fedora is good enough.  Marcello will send Richard a RedHat
> image to write into NAND.

By default the progress bar moves until its end, when a blank screen
welcomes the user for undetermined amount of time (being picky,
nevermind :)). Is that supposed to happen?

With latest buildrom (cs553x_nand enabled) I'm able to enter the shell
(X icon), cd to /bin/, execute ./boot-nand and watch it go!