[OLPC-devel] SST 49LF008A

stephen pearce pearce.sg at gmail.com
Tue Aug 22 19:35:32 EDT 2006

Do you have to install this socketed part on the development board to
install the linuxbios ...
It's unclear to me whether you have to do this or can overwrite the
Insyde Bios in the flash rom which must already be soldered on the
motherboard.

If the later is correct what is the purpose of the socketed flash rom?

Lastly.. is there anyone who would be prepared to send me one or 2 of
the SST 49LF008A
.. I tried the local Avnet-VSI but they never replied .. locally they
have little interest in supplying small part lots and generally charge
heaps .. I would be happy to send
some US $ to cover costs .. before the event .. as I presume it would
not amount to much
even with postage

Sorry for the dumb questions ;~)

--