[OLPC-devel] GPL compliance for buildrom

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Tue Aug 22 15:00:24 EDT 2006

Dunno.  I was really referring to b), the simple shell scripts that "do
the right thing", on the hope that David would see them and pick them up
for the Fedora image.

The problem I see with two different images is two different set of
instructions and twice the testing.  So I have presumed a single image
is the "right" answer. Since many/most people really need to reinstall
as the easiest path to get a working fbdev and X driver, I've been
presuming that having it bundled in the Fedora image, that most people
will want to install anyway, will lead to less confusion and errors,
rather than having two downloads, two images to make bootable, etc.

KISS...
                                  Regards,
                                    - Jim

--