[OLPC-devel] Re: Not so good news (Was: good news)

Carl-Daniel U. Hailfinger c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net
Mon Aug 21 13:20:41 EDT 2006

Richard Smith wrote:

> > I'm back. Any progress on the issues below? I tried to read all the
> > mail sent to olpc-devel since I left, but I couldn't find any
> > solution/bugfix.
>
> Nope no progress.  :(
>
> > Richard? Did my debugging patch spit out anything useful?
>
> Ugh.. I guess I missed that.  I never tried.  Sorry.
>
> All my cycle are belong to SPI flash.  :)

Since SPI works now, I guess you can move zig debug patch for great justice. :-P

> > lzma working for PLCC. However, the nrv2b payload compression has to
> > work before I can proceed with lzma.
>
> All the infrastructure is now in place so testing this should be pretty
> easy.
> Just create a custom config file with your compression enabled and
> then set up buildrom to use that in the Config.mk.

Will do and send a LinuxBIOS patch upstream.
This leaves the question why we specify compression related things three times: twice in buildrom and once in LinuxBIOS. Can we decide *now* where the build system gets its parameters from and leave it that way?

> Note that you still need to do a 'make linuxbios-clean' if you change
> config files.

Thanks for the hint! That explains the weird build failures I had.

Regards,
Carl-Daniel