[OLPC-devel] Re: boot OLPC laptop from USB flash drive?

Ronald G Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Sun Aug 20 23:21:26 EDT 2006

Richard Smith wrote:

>  There have been reports that some USB keys won't work when pluged
> directly up to the OLPC due to power problems.  So use a powered hub.

Just fyi: it's hard to say what's to blame here. My T41 has *exactly*
the same problem ..

On another note: sometimes the best person to write the HOWTO is not the
guy who set it up, but the guy who uses it.

Zach, if you're willing, and want to write a HOWTO based on your
experiences, this would be a good thing.

ron