[OLPC-devel] Re: Minutes OLPC BIOS meeting, 2006-08-16

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Thu Aug 17 18:45:08 EDT 2006

On 16/08/06 16:36 -1000, Mitch Bradley wrote:
> Jordan - definitely having audio problem "Couldn't initialize codec".
> Doesn't think it's the interrupt problem, but not sure what it is.
> It's as if the codec is not there.  Perhaps LinuxBIOS is not turning
> on something magic.
>
> Action item for Jordan - post the bug report to the devel list.

So, I fired up the latest olpc-2.6 and latest LinuxBIOS ready to instrument
the driver to see what was breaking, and amazingly, everything worked.
So, consider this a non-issue for now until somebody else reproduces it.

Let this be a lesson to me - always use the most recent kernel... :)

Jordan
--
Jordan Crouse
Senior Linux Engineer