[OLPC-devel] Re: just tested new buildrom with linuxbios version 2376

Jordan Crouse jordan.crouse at amd.com
Tue Aug 15 14:54:33 EDT 2006

On 15/08/06 12:39 -0600, Ronald G Minnich wrote:
> Jordan Crouse wrote:
>
> >Thats by design - boot menu only shows the pictures and returns return
> >values
> >corresponding to your choice.  Check the return value from bootmenu - 0
> >means
> >timeout, -1 means error, and 1-4 corresponds to the chosen item on the
> >menu.
>

> gotcha, but ... for users, there should be a way to get back from the
> shell prompt to the 'icon boot screen', and from there, boot in the
> normal way.

I really wanted this to all be closely contained in the linuxrc script -
thats why the menu is standalone and performs no specific functions of its
own.

I guess we could loop back around to the bootmenu if somebody exists the
shell, but I really am loath to add extra infrastructure just for this.
Can't one just reset the board and go from there?

Jordan

--
Jordan Crouse
Senior Linux Engineer