[OLPC-devel] Multiple keys pressed at the same time on keyboard

Nathanaël Lécaudé nat-list at studioimaginaire.com
Mon Aug 14 19:51:07 EDT 2006

Hello,

I am a developer for the TamTam project and I am currently working on
implementing keyboard interaction in TamTam.  I recently noticed that some
keyboards won’t always output multiple keys pressed at the same time.
Usually, a third key that is pressed, depending on it’s location won’t
output.  For the purpose of transforming the keyboard in a piano keyboard
where children can play music, this is a major downer.  I know this is a
tricky issue as it is related to the hardware and might involve more
expensive parts, but I thought I would still write about the issue with the
hope there is a solution that can be found.

Thanks a lot,

Nathanaël Lécaudé

TamTam project at Université de Montréal