[OLPC-devel] compiler optimizations for the geode

Christopher Blizzard blizzard at redhat.com
Mon Aug 14 17:43:58 EDT 2006

Looks like Vladimir, one of our GCC hackers, has been working on Geode
optimizations for GCC in his spare time.

Sounds like he's made some progress.  I think that Jakub will be
attempting to integrate the changes into our main compiler line for FC6.
  Assuming that he doesn't run into any problems we should have packages
in a couple of days to test with.

He says:

"If somebody is interesting in GEODE processor, you can find
documentation on AMD website (unfortunately, it is not
enough detailed to do tunning)."

Anyone from AMD want to give him a helping hand?

--Chris