[OLPC-devel] Re: Is the PLCC socket really for a FLASH?

Ricardo Mendoza mendoza.ricardo at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 14:17:10 EDT 2006

On 8/7/06, Mitch Bradley <wmb at firmworks.com> wrote:

> What is the part number of the FLASH chips that you use in the socket?
>
> Sheet 7 of the schematic suggests SST 39VF040, but the wiring diagram
> for the socket does not even approximately match the pinout of that part
> (nor any standard FLASH pinout that I have ever seen).

The thread "writing nand flash on OLPC" refers about using the PLCC
socket (in the last few messages) with a flash part mainly for bios
work. I think somewhere there a known working part is specified.

Ron also uses a flash part like that one, so I'm sure it works ;) I'm
waiting on mine myself.

     Ricardo