[OLPC-devel] Re: Not so good news (Was: good news)

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Mon Aug 7 12:20:44 EDT 2006

> The only downside is that it means in general you have to flash all of
> LinuxBIOS together and can't flash the payload independently.  Which
> isn't a huge loss.

For olpc that will be the most used path so I think its acceptable.

> Anyway we still have not addressed the practical question of why
> we are getting a truncated rom size and so this technique is not working.

I guess someone needs to go back through and verify the output at each
step.  Perhpas we can fix up this patch so it builds for the qemu
target?  That way you would not have to have the hardware to test.

Also someone else should apply and test to verify my results.

--
Richard A. Smith