[OLPC-devel] Status report... Video Timing Question is H/W

Tom Sylla tom.sylla at amd.com
Tue Aug 1 13:12:41 EDT 2006

dwmw2 asked about this on IRC, and I thought I answered him.

I talked with one of the silicon folks about this, and he agreed with my
explanation of the datasheet.

The tH and tSU are for *inputs*, which I think are datasheet vestiges.
For *outputs*, the numbers are all there, tVAL1, tVAL2, and tVAL3.

"hold time" is tVALmin
"setup time" is PERIOD-tVALmax

1, 2, and 3 are for the DRGBs, LDE_MOD, and SYNCs respectively. If any
scope shots or otherwise don't seem to be matching those specs, just let
AMD know.

Tom