[Community] Survey: How does open source influence the community?

Kerstin kerba.olpc at open-innovation-projects.org
Mon Sep 14 04:43:02 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm a researcher in the field of open source beyond software. Currently I'm
investigating the special meaning of openness and its importance for the
communities in this field.

Your opinion as OLPC community member is very important to me!
That's why I'm inviting you to fill out my survey. Answering the questions
may take about 5-7 minutes. The individual responses will be kept strictly
confidential, aggregated results will be published as soon as the survey is
finished.
Your response will help advance my research on the nature of
hardware/software open source projects and help improve the quality of open
source projects.
If you are interested, I can also provide some specific results about the
OLPC community.

Please follow this link:
http://www.survey.open-innovation-projects.org/start/37/

The survey is conducted on a per project basis. In case you receive my
request more than once, it's because you are involved in several
communities. It would be great if you would fill out the survey more then
once, for all projects which are relevant to you.

If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me.
If you are interested in more details about me and my research, please take
a look at: http://open-innovation-projects.org/my-research
Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards
Kerstin Balka