[Community] shared media and communications

Samuel Klein sj at laptop.org
Thu Nov 6 17:39:39 EST 2008

Hi,

A few updates about community media and communications:

1. Lunch tomorrow -- we are meeting over lunch @ 1CC tomorrow AT 11:30
to define projects for the next few weeks to take advantage of the
surge in media interest.  Contact me for details.

2. Letter writing party Sunday evening
There is a backlog of friendly groups that want to find ways to make
announcements with / publish to / become official testers for OLPC.
We are holding a few letter writing parties to get in touch with them
all and give them the latest information on how to help with g1g1, get
XOs to try in schools, get info for local discussion groups about
education, and the like.

This Sunday we're having a digital letter-writing party to make
contact with these groups, tell those who are waiting to get small #s
of laptops they will be able to through g1g1, and help match active
projects with interested contributors.

3.  Update our Community media: adding specific Groups
There is now a groups section for specific groups (like museums,
libraries, or sustainable energy) that have an interest in OLPC.   If
you work with a group that is interested in our work, help update the
page with details -- what the major subgroups are, related events and
mailing lists.
  http://wiki.laptop.org/wiki/Community_media#Groups

Please also add yourself to that page if you'd like to be a point of
contact for one of these groups.