[olpc-help] Greetings.. could use some help cleaning out cruft.

OLPC Community Support community-support at lists.laptop.org
Tue Sep 20 08:25:41 EDT 2011

Hi,

My / partition is 99% full.  It's probably the journal.  I can't sit
here for hours deleting these things individually.  Also, I've
downloaded most of a recent update but it can't be installed because
there's no room on the device.  So, I guess I need help figuring out
three things:

1) where can i find (at the command line) and delete the downloaded update file?

2) how can i clean out the journal in one go?

3) what else can I safely delete in order to have room to update the
machine to the latest version?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Best wishes,

Joshua