[olpc-help] Data wipe prior to donation

Steve Holton sph0lt0n at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 17:54:38 EST 2009

See
-   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Wifi_Connectivity#networks.cfg
-   http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Clean-install_procedure

In a nutshell, use the Terminal activity to delete the networks.cfg file and
the association with the wireless access point goes with it. This file
includes things like known nodes and saved passwords.

rm /home/olpc/.sugar/default/nm/networks.cfg

For a complete wipeout clean install, you'll need an external USB disk.

Write back if you need step-by-step instructions.

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 5:17 PM, Tom Harries <TomHarries at isd.net> wrote:

>  I want to donate  the laptop we received in they buy one get one program.
> How do I delete the home network access codes and any other personal
> information from the system?
>
> Thanks.
>

> ~Tom
>
> Thomas Harries