[olpc-help] (no subject)

Steve Holton sph0lt0n at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 08:41:34 EST 2009

Just a guess, but it sounds like your activation lease has expired, or
perhaps it was removed in the re-flashing process.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Feature_roadmap/Activation_lease_security

This seems a simple matter to fix:
1. Re-flash the XO back to the default OLPC image so that the software to
request and download a new lease file is available.
Re-installation instructions can be found here:
-  http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Secure_upgrade

The latest default load can be found here:
-  http://download.laptop.org/xo-1/os/official/767/jffs2/

You may also want to reinstall the original Avtivity Pack:
-  http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Activity_pack

2. Return the XO to within range of the School Server and request
re-registration. The lease should automatically re-activate.

You might also need to talk to the School Server administrator if the serial
number of your XO was accidentally added to the "Stolen XO' blacklist.

I hope you find this information useful.

On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 6:39 PM, Jose Gonzalez Rodriguez <
josejavier321 at hotmail.com> wrote:

>  HELP!!!!! i recieve the xo laptop in puerto rico because having a really
> goor %on the puertoricans exams i reflashed the xo laptop i am a normal
> citizen but when i boot it it says activation lease not found!!!! HELP!!!
> please ia m cryomg without stoping

Steve Holton
sph0lt0n at gmail.com