[olpc-help] (no subject)

Karan Scigouski karanellen at att.net
Mon Sep 8 18:55:25 EDT 2008

I am having no luck connecting my XO to the inernet.  I recently switched over to AT&T for my internet provider and have 2wire wireless conection.  When I try to connect my XO on the neighborhhod page, I get the "Wireless Key Required" pop-up.  I have entered the 10 digit wireless network key posted on the back of my AT&T modem several times.  Once entered, I have a choice of "Automatic" or "TKIP" for Encryption Types.  It does not matter which one I select, it will not allow me access.  I even went so far as to convert WEP to HEX.  I enter this 26 character code and again, it will not allow me access whether I select Encryption Type "Automatic" or "TKIP".  I know that my XO can connect to the internet as several months ago I was able to get connected using my old Linksys wireless modem.  I am very much a computer novice!  I am extremely frustrated with tryiing to connect.  Can anyone please help?  I have read and read various OLPC forums
 with no success.
Thank you, Karan