[olpc-help] (no subject) - keyboard sticking

rihoward1 at gmail.com rihoward1 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 11:49:36 EDT 2008

For an explanation of the stuck key problem see:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Stuck_keys
  and
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Stuck_keys_SN

To diagnose if the problem is actually a stuck key see http://
wiki.laptop.org/go/Support_FAQ#How_do_I_test_my_keyboard_for_sticky.
2Fbroken_keys.3F

For links to detailed repair instructions see http://wiki.laptop.org/
go/Repair

On Oct 23, 2008, at 6:37 AM, Steve Holton wrote:

> Additionally, replacement keyboards are available from several
> sources, including XOExplosion and ILoveMyXO:
>
> http://xoexplosion.com/index.php?
> main_page=product_info&cPath=40&products_id=121
> http://www.ilovemyxo.com/product/xo-replacement-keyboard.html
>

> On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 8:36 AM, Laurie DeMott <demotlj at alfred.edu>
> wrote:
>> There are problems with sticky keys on some of the laptops.  I
>> found the
>> easiest solution was to just buy an external usb keyboard.  Not a
>> great
>> fix but an easy one.

Laurie if the problem is truly caused by a stuck key, a USB keyboard
will not help
  because the stuck key will still be sending a scan code even with
the USB keyboard plugged in.