[olpc-help] OLPC Tech Help

Robert Howard rihoward at rawbw.com
Thu May 1 01:21:14 EDT 2008

Steve,

Do you have any idea how to contact the author of http://frombob.to/
XO/ ?  It has some really bad advice regarding the battery.  He
suggests to run on mains power for the first 30 days. What he
recommends will mask faults in batteries that suffer from premature
shutdown as opposed to charging failure. For example the battery in
the XO I exchanged would shutdown when it had 30% charge left.  If I
had followed the advice at the above web page I would not have
discovered this in a timely fashion.

Robert H.