[olpc-help] acessing the files of the xo

alexandre van de sande alexandrevandesande at gmail.com
Sat Mar 29 10:40:09 EDT 2008

I am an interface designer and  XO enthusiast but I do noot have one
personally. I do run the emulated versions on a VMWare in a mac.

I would like to be able to access the files inside the xo with my mac
to see the structure of the OS, I am personally interested in the
Icons and UI elements, but I have 2 problems.

1-It's been hard to find the right images for emulation. The wiki
directs me to
http://xs-dev.laptop.org/~cscott/olpc/streams/joyride/build1813/devel_ext3/

but there are many files in there and they take a long time to
download, so I am usualy simply downloading them randomly and hoping
to see which works

2-Once I have the images I cannot see how I can access the files. I
thought I could go into the terminal and do a copy command to my mac
and then back to the xo, but then I suppose there's a better way to
browse and edit files inside the system..