[olpc-help] external CD/DVD drive ?

Andrew andrew2006 at flight.us
Tue Mar 25 22:34:49 EDT 2008

>Can we rule out hardware?
>Do other USB devices work in that USB port?  >Is there any difference if you plug the USB into another port?

On the XO end, we can rule it hardware.  An enclosed hard drive connects (and auto-mounts) fine, in the two right-side ports (i haven't tried the left one).

>Could this be a power-draw type problem? Is this a self-powered drive or >does it draw it's power from the XO?  Is the XO plugged-in?

On the peripheral end - this is a self-powered enclosure, and has worked with many other systems.  I just checked again, with a "regular" laptop with Fedora 8 - connect & works.

Also just connected to an XP system.