[olpc-help] G1G1 updates

Richard A. Smith richard at laptop.org
Wed Mar 19 07:05:23 EDT 2008

Ixo X oxI wrote:
> And just to be clear...
> ... these XOs will be pushed to build-656 (aka Ship.2.1?), and not
> further right?

656 is the current stable.  That is what the auto-upgrade is currently
upgrading to.

After the dust settles on Update.1 and we build up some sort of image
that is equivalent to whats on the G1G1 machines then that image will be
available to XO's for auto-update.  I'm not exactly sure what the plan
is for migrating G1G1 machines to the new setup is.

In the new scheme all the activities have been moved to below the
/home/olpc folder so they are not part of an operating system update (ie
build xxxx).  Activities can/will be upgraded separate.

G1G1 (and older builds deployments) machines need to be migrated over to
the new setup.  Once migrated  then your installed activities and other
customizations won't get wiped in an upgrade.

> Are the XOs currently being shipped to G1G1 (OLPC America) with build-656 ?

Yes. We call that image ShipX because its what we release to Quanta to
put on the machines as they come out of the factory.

--
Richard Smith  <richard at laptop.org>
One Laptop Per Child