[olpc-help] internet

Steve Holton sph0lt0n at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 10:56:28 EDT 2008

Hi Stuart-

That "address not found" doesn't give much to go on.
Possibilities include:
1. You haven't connected to a wireless Access point.
2. The access point you are connected to is not providing  DNS references.
3. It's providing incorrect DNS references.

Have a look at this page:
-   http://laptop.org/en/laptop/start/connecting.shtml

If you're not sure you are connected:
- Make sure you are selecting an access point (named) rather than a mesh
network (1, 6, 11).
- Make sure you're seeing a white circle around the access point.

If your wireless access point might not be providing DNS references to your
XO, or not providing the correct ones:
- Take your XO to a public wireless access point (such as a Public Library)
and see if you're seeing the same "address not found" problem there.
- Check /etc/resolv.conf (let me know if you need a procedure to do this)
and make sure the entries provided are correct.

--
Steve Holton
sph0lt0n at gmail.com