[olpc-help] help usssssssssss

Michael Burns maburns at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 14:31:07 EDT 2008

[Some of the posts on this list have gone a while with response. Apologies
for the delay, but I hope this is helpful.]

Bookmarks are saved to the instance of Browse that you were using. Using the
Journal (the activity that starts by default when you turn on the XO), you
can see each time you've ran (read: "performed") an activity. You can resume
those activities (not just restart the application, but pick up for the
instance you left off from previously) by using the Resume button (it looks
like a Play button on the VCR, on the right side of the screen for each
Journal Entry.

Each bookmark you create, (say, to Ebay) is saved in *that* instance of the
browse activity. If you close it and start a new activity, you won't have
the bookmark, *HOWEVER*, if you look in the journal and resume the correct
instance (which you can Rename, Star and get an icon snapshot of, among
other things) the bookmarks you made will show up.

On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 3:57 PM, Gene McMurchy <genemcmurchy at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> can you tell us how to crete favorites or bookmarks that will remain after
> the computer has been shut down and restarted.  perhaps there is a website
> with these types of internet or email lessons
> thanks
> archie mcmurchy

Michael Burns * Student
Open Source {Education} Lab