[olpc-help] update stalls

Bart Geesink bart at geesink.org
Wed Jul 2 05:21:05 EDT 2008

I am trying to update the OLPC from a country where internet connections
are  shaky at best. After three hours "Performing incremental rsync" is
has timed out. This is the third time already, and the update process will
start all over again when I kill the update process. Does anyone know if
there is a resume option in the updater? The wiki says:
"olpc-update is designed to work with even the worst internet connections"
Does this mean my internet connection is worse than the worst internet
Is there anything else I could do restart the update process so it doesn't
start all over again? Downloading the whole image would take quite some
time I am afraid ...