[olpc-help] Question: WPA on OLPC

Caston and Claudia laulaleiding at telkomsa.net
Fri Jan 25 15:17:39 EST 2008

Hi there,

I received my OLPC Laptop recently and I must say I am very much impressed!

Unfortunately, the wireless internet connection does not work because my provider is using WPA. As I can read on your internet page, OLPC presently does not support WPA but it is envisaged for early this year. In this connection, I have the following two questions:

- When about will that be - very soon?
- Once WPA is possible, how does it work? Can I still use my laptop or will WPA only be possible on newer versions? Or can I download a tool for WPA later?

I would appreciate an answer.

Thank you and regards,

Claudia