[olpc-help] SD cards KNOWN to work in XO?

quixote community-support at lists.laptop.org
Thu Jan 24 12:00:11 EST 2008

vfat-formatted cards seem okay in my experience so far, too.  But what about high capacity SD cards formatted for linux (ext3)?

I really want to have an alternate OS (xubuntu, to be precise) on a card.  So I need to be able to reformat to ext3 without the XO telling me it's full of bad super blocks and similar sad error messages!  And I don't want to plunk $70 for another SDHC card only to find out the XO just can't deal with ext3 formatted High Capacity cards.

Or maybe SDHCs just can't be successfully reformatted?

??