[olpc-help] Forums question - HTTP vs HTTPS/security message

KayTi community-support at lists.laptop.org
Wed Jan 23 15:24:43 EST 2008

Sometime about two weeks ago, I started getting the security message on these forums. I am using IE 7.0, on an XP machine. The specific message that I get is that standard one "This page contains secure and unsecure items. Do you want to download the unsecure items?" or something like that. The URL I use to get here is:

https://olpc.osuosl.org/forum/

If I try to manually remove the "s" in the HTTP line it just refreshes back to an https link and again displays the secure/unsecure message.

I suspect there is some setting I can tweak locally to get this annoying pop-up to stop. I realize this has nothing to do with the actual XO, but since it's affecting my ability to participate in the forums, and I'm just SURE someone here knows the way around this, figured it can't hurt to ask.

Thanks!