[olpc-help] Recover process => Boot failed. Cause for RMA?

sammyj community-support at lists.laptop.org
Tue Jan 22 15:24:12 EST 2008

Nick:
Thank you for not only figuring out the answer to your question but also posting the answer for the benefit of others who were confused by the documentation. I'd also tried to start clean by powering on with the 0 button down and received the Boot failed message.
However, unlike you, I've been unable to do the Activated Upgrade. This results in a different error message:

Image file size is not a multiple of the NAND erase block size. Use power button to power off.

I intend to try this a few more times, then I guess I'll put a question up here. Meanwhile if you have any suggestions I'd be happy to hear them.
Sammy J.