[olpc-help] aborting activities

Anonymous community-support at lists.laptop.org
Tue Jan 22 11:39:30 EST 2008

I have had a similar experience with the Xaos bundle.  I was able to download and install it fine.  When I click on the icon to run it the program starts and runs fine.  When I quite from the program it quits fine but the little Mandelbrot icon is still pulsing in the activity circle.  It does not stop.  I check the log in the log activity and it had the text ~"Thank you for using Xaos".  I am able to run Xaos from the command line too and it appears to finish normally with the same little text message.

When I hover over the Xaos icon long after the activity finished it says, "Starting...".

I understand that I can remove it by restarting the xserver but I would rather it just go away when the program finished.

Any suggestions about what it is failing to do?

Thanks!

Paul