[olpc-help] Friend via Internet?

tdang community-support at lists.laptop.org
Mon Jan 21 14:18:46 EST 2008

No, I haven't gotten an answer yet. It's on the back-burner in any case, since my XO's are both in the RMA process. (I did set up a Ubuntu desktop w/XO emulator, but it's sooooo slow, maybe I'll try another tactic to speed it up or maybe I'll jsut blow it off.)

My suspicion is that it's necessary to (at least initially) connect via a Jabber server. That's got me wondering what it takes to run Jabber, and if it would be possible to run some kinda itty-bitty Jabber on an XO itself to make its own mini-neighborhood.

-Timothy