[olpc-help] A Cave Story OR Where is That BZip Archive I Downloaded?

franco community-support at lists.laptop.org
Sun Jan 20 20:47:29 EST 2008

mchua,

You are right, of course, and I shouldn't have posted that "find" solution because I did not test it myself.  Sorry to koopdi.

So I did a download of a .bz2 file.

It gets saved where mchua says but under a different alphanumeric name unique to the Journal files.

To see your .bz2 file you need to know approx what size the download is and then in the /home/olpc/.sugar/default/datastore/store directory you have to use the ls -la command to see the file sizes.  I downloaded a 12Mb+ file and easily saw it in ~/store.

However, since I wasn't interested in this particular download, I did not go any further with the file.

Why are you using this direct download with the XO?  There is no way to use to browser to put the file where you want when you download it.  This is not a defect because the target kids will not be doing this.  The will be taught the normal "yum" method.

Research that in the manual site:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Home

You can also use the "wget" method if you know what you are doing with that command and linux from Terminal.

If I give advice it is usually because I did it /  tested it successfully on my XO.  I will warn you otherwise.