[olpc-help] Using XO on plane

franco community-support at lists.laptop.org
Sun Jan 20 20:20:22 EST 2008

First, if you are using console, it means to me that you don't know about the Terminal Activity.

I would suggest this site

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Home

which is essentially a manual for the XO.  Understand clearly that it is not a manual like you are used to.  You have to hunt for what you want in the search box.

I use Terminal, not console, and I have used this command to turn off all wi-fi:

sugar-control-panel -s radio off

If it doesn't work from the $ prompt, go to superuser with the su command and you get the # prompt.

If I give advice it is usually because I did it /  tested it successfully on my XO.  I will warn you otherwise.