[olpc-help] Sending attachments

franco community-support at lists.laptop.org
Sun Jan 20 20:09:23 EST 2008

I successfully sent a gmail with an attachment.

Some points:
I used the gmail older version.  See the link up at the upper right of your inbox window.

When I clicked on browse (for file) I had to wait for a bit, maybe a couple of minutes, for the window to open allowing me to choose a file.  I actually thought it wasn't going to work and turned away from the XO.  When I looked back the window was there.

The files I was allowed to view were only in the Journal Activity.  Browser did not allow me to browse my whole computer or external drives.  That is not a defect since 3d world kids don't need this just yet.  Maybe it will be changed in an update.

I selected something from the Journal list and attached and sent it successfully.

I am using Build 653.

If I give advice it is usually because I did it /  tested it successfully on my XO.  I will warn you otherwise.