[olpc-help] screen does not come on

Anonymous community-support at lists.laptop.org
Wed Jan 16 16:38:24 EST 2008

Richard A. Smith wrote:
> Anonymous wrote:
>
> This is correct.  Once the battery is installed the RTC will start
> ticking.  Note that the wait 31+ days is just a guess on my part.  It
> _should_ work but this has not been tested.  I'll ask my AMD guy if he
> agrees with me.

I'll give it a try and report back in a months time  [Wink]

When I opend the OLPC to locate the RTC battery I found that it was sitting angled, half way out of it's seat. As I turned the OLPC around, the friction of the rubberized feet against my desktop made the battery pop out, so I wasn't able to take a picture of what it looked like...

Thanks for all help so far!

Martin